In January, I declared that I was going to take TCM to new heights. Let’s chronicle some of the cool things that have happened:
- I added a ShareThis buton. Now people can share comics via their social networking accounts. They can post the latest comic in a MySpace bulletin or on their facebook wall. I use it to post on facebook, and I often get comments on my comics.
- I have not missed a day of updating, except one vacation day. I have 9 vacation days left for the comic.
- Voting incentives are back. This requires me to constantly keep a buffer of at least one day.
- I put advertising on the main page, the blog, and the RSS feed. I haven’t made much money yet, but I still have a lot of experimenting to do with Google Adsense.
- I changed my MySpace account to a more secure one. I am currently using this account to promote my comics. I posted the latest comic as a bulletin and received several comments.
- I created a fan page for TCM on facebook. Last I checked, I have 69 fans. Thanks a lot to Lloyd for help with promotion!
- I got linked by Pharyngula for my “spiritual but not religious” comic. I also had a huge spike of traffic in the beginning of January because of reddit, for my “to that guy at the party” comic.
- I signed up for a Google Analytics account, which is giving me much more detailed statistics than my current sources for website statistics.
- I made several back-end changes to the code that serves up the comic. As a result, it’s easier to modify things.
- I fixed an issue with 404s redirecting to the home page. (But now I need to make sure the blog has its own 404 page.)
- The quality of my comics is better. I spend much more time and attention making them. In retrospect, there are some I don’t like, but overall, I’m especially proud of my body of work since January.
Of course, none of this would’ve happened without the support and the love of my fans. Yes, the LOVE! YOU ALL LOVE ME, DON’T YOU???